Sunday, October 21, 2012

EaRtHqUaKe!

This past Monday during my Spanish lesson at about 10:40 my desk started shaking back and forth and I could see buildings swaying in the road.  For about 10 seconds I experienced my very first earthquake and I don't think I want to repeat that.  After class I later found out that the epicenter was 60 miles away from Antigua and it measured a 5.5 on the Richter Scale.  Although the locals called this a tremor rather than an earthquake, my heart was beating 100 miles a minute and my eyes were wide with fright!  During school, they had us move to the garden area so nothing from the roof would have the chance to fall on us.  Luckily there was no reported damage.  After the fact, I was excited that I was able to experience this, but I secretly hope it doesn't happen again!

No comments:

Post a Comment